If you love ABA, vote for us for Parents Press Best of 2021! We’ve won 5 years in a row – let’s go for 6!
Alameda Ballet Academy and its affiliate performing company, Alameda Civic Ballet, were founded in 2003 by the Artistic Director, Abra Rudisill. Both the school and company were created to impart the best elements of the classical ballet tradition to local dance students and the surrounding community. In her lessons and leadership, Rudisill draws upon her 20 years of experience as a Prima Ballerina and Ballet Mistress with Oakland Ballet, and she seeks to carry on her artistic lineage through the education of Bay Area youth.
Find out why ABA has been voted Best of the Bay by Parents’ Press! Join us in 2021 for online or studio classes for ages 3-adult!
If you are interested in in-person Studio classes, please email us to check availability.
* * * * * * * * *
MPORTANT: If your dancer is currently enrolled in an ABA class, that enrollment will continue through the end of the Spring semester (May 31, 2021). Thus, accounts set up as semester payments or monthly auto-pay will be charged unless a drop form is submitted to the ABA office.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR ONLINE ADULT BALLET 2021! ENROLL TODAY!
Click HERE to be redirected to our Adult registration page!
Alameda Ballet will be following the guidelines put into place by both Alameda County and Dance USA. If you are planning on attending in-person Studio classes please read our list of guidelines as well as the two document links from Dance USA below. Additional information from Dance USA can be found here.
- Staff will follow illness policy, which will include daily temperature checks, safety health questions and 24 hour wellness standards prior to entering the facility.
- Staff will wash/sanitize hands before, during and at the conclusion of each class.
- Staff will have NO direct physical contact with the dancers.
- Staff will be diligently trained on new procedures and be prepared to enforce all social distancing protocols.
- Staff members will be required to wear a mask and wear clean athletic attire.
- ABA will adhere to the Alameda County Public Health Department’s guidelines regarding employee travel, potential risky behavior and personal safety.
- Classes will be limited to 12 dancers max per class for in-person Studio Classes
- Dancers must wear a mask at all times.
- Dancers will be spaced 10 feet apart at all times. We have tapes off dance squares in the studios in order to help the dancers keep their distance.
- Dancers must keep a distance of 6+ feet while in the lobby.
- Only 1 dancer at a time will be allowed in the restroom.
- Dancers will have their temperature checked before every class. Any person who appears ill or has a temperature above 100 degrees will be asked to go home until symptoms subside for 48 hours without medication.
- No parents or siblings will be permitted in the studio or lobby.
- Dancers are to arrive in clean dance attire, changing at the facility will be discouraged.
- All items including dance bags, shoes and cover up clothing must be left in the lobby and will not be permitted in the studios.
- Dancers will be required to sanitize/wash hands upon entering the facility and before leaving.
- Dancers must bring their own reusable water bottles (to be kept in the lobby). Any items left behind will be discarded so please keep track of your belongings by keeping them all in one place in the lobby.
- All door handles, light switches and shared surfaces will be disinfected before and after every class.
- Barres will be wiped down by the dancers or staff before every class.
- Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout class.
- Windows will remain open before, during and after classes in order to keep fresh air flowing throughout the building.
- ABA will NOT be renting studio space to outside organizations or non-ABA teachers in order to protect the facility and ensure safety protocols are being followed.
To see when your dancer’s class(es) are offered and to register, please click HERE.
Please note that due to COVID-19, we are offering both online Zoom classes and in-person Studio classes. We are also limiting all in-person Studio Classes to 12 dancers max. Therefore, spaces are limited — so enroll now!
For information on our safety protocols and guidelines in response to COVID-19, click here.
Join us beginning the week of May 18 for a new online Adult Ballet Series!!!
Click here to see the schedule and register!
Dear ABA Families,
We hope this communication finds you as happy and healthy as possible in these trying times!
We have decided that we will not be returning to the studios until September 2020. This will give us time to revamp our program and come back better than ever with smaller class sizes and other safety procedures.
However, we plan to continue our current schedule of online Zoom classes until the end of August so everyone has something viable and consistent in their lives. It will help ensure our return in the Fall by helping to cover the lease, keep our teachers working, give our students something to look forward to each week and hopefully give you parents some peace of mind that your children are positively engaged and most importantly, SAFE.
Note: If you are currently enrolled in a Summer Camp or Intensive, we will be providing a full refund in the coming days, or you can choose to have the money credited to your ABA account.
To find out more about our online summer program, please visit our Summer Camps & Classes pagehttps://alamedaballet.com/summer-camps-classes/!
Stay safe Alameda!