If you are planning on attending in-person Studio classes at ABA, please take a moment to thouroughly read through our guidelines below:
All ABA Staff Members are fully-vaccinated.
Vaccination Requirements For ABA Students:
Ages 5-Adult: COVID-19 vaccination required.*
Ages 3-5: COVID-19 vaccination recommended but not required at this time.
Boosters strongly recommended for anyone eligible.
*If you are age 5-17 and will not be vaccinated by Fall 2022, you may choose to bring in a negative COVID-19 home test each week prior to your first class of each week. Anyone requesting a medical/other exemption must submit a request with pertinent documentation to the ABA office: email@example.com
Updated COVID-19 Protocols for Fall 2022
To keep the community as safe and healthy as possible while ABA continues to offer classes during the COVID pandemic, it will follow the guidance of the most up-to-date guidelines for Alameda County recreational childcare programs.
Face masks required indoors, even if fully-vaccinated for ALL classes:
- For this guidance, “face masks” includes cloth face coverings that cover the mouth and nose. Face masks must not have an exhalation valve.
- Masks must be worn at all times indoors, even when children are not present.
- Masks required by all adults entering the space, even if fully vaccinated.
- All children over 24 months of age must wear masks indoors.
Stay home when sick!
If ABA students or staff experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, even mild symptoms, they MUST not enter the building. Please do an assessment of how you/your child are feeling before arriving for class.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Hygiene & Personal Items:
- Wash hands regularly while at the studios.
- Hand sanitizer will be available through the building and is required upon entry.
- Dancers are to arrive in clean dance attire; changing at the facility will be discouraged.
- Dancers must bring their own reusable water bottles. Any items left behind will be discarded so please keep track of your belongings by keeping them all in one place in the lobby.
- For Youth Classes, all items including dance bags, shoes and cover up clothing must be left in the lobby and will not be permitted in the studios. Adult students may bring valuables into the studios for safety.
Cohorting is no longer required, given low levels of COVID-19 and high vaccination rates at this time.
- ABA staff may work with more than one group/level/class.
- Students may participate in more than one group/level/class each day.
- Classes can add new students at any time.
- Students are permitted to do makeup classes with a different class of their level.
- Classes will be limited to 15-25 students (depending on class level and room assignment).
- Staff must record daily attendance for each class, to help determine who may be a close contact if someone in the class tests positive for COVID-19.
Physical distancing is not required but the ABA staff will continue to encourage social distancing as much as possible.
Note: We have tapes off dance squares in the studios in order to help the dancers keep their distance. There are also spaced blue ‘X’s on the walls in the lobby where dancers can place their personal items and wait before class.
ABA has one of the largest dance studios in the Bay Area: 35′ x 45′ marley dance floor; 44′ x 55’6″ room. Ceilings are 20 ft high and both studios have a wall of 10 ft windows!
Improved ventilation in ABA indoor spaces.
- Advanced HEPA filters have been installed in both studios, as well as the lobby, in order to improve ventilation and eliminate harmful bacteria. These Medify Air Filters are certified HEPA H13 multi-level filters that remove 99% of particles.
- All windows will remain open during class times unless AQI is at an unhealthy level.
Cleaning and disinfection:
Although contaminated surfaces are no longer thought to be a significant route of transmission, ABA will continue to enforce its enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Barres & other frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned before/after every class.
- Floors will be cleaned regularly after the last class of the day.
CDPH recommends additional disinfection only after a confirmed COVID-19 case, and only in areas where the person with COVID-19 spent a large proportion of their time (classroom, or an administrator’s office) within the last 24 hours.
o If more than 24 hours have passed since the person who is sick or diagnosed with COVID- 19 has been in the space, cleaning is enough.
o If more than 3 days have passed since the person who is sick or diagnosed with COVID-19 has been in the space, no additional cleaning is needed.
The ABA Drop-off/Pick-up entrance is in the front of the building (off Park St).
- The City of Alameda has re-configured Park St. in order to create a flow of one-way traffic with drop off/pick up lanes for the Park St. businesses.
- Instructor or Teaching Assistant will greet the students at the front door at the start of each class.
- Do not enter the building until your instructor/TA arrives at the door.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to wait at the bottom of the lobby stairs. Only students & staff members are allowed upstairs. The lobby is closed to parents/guardians/siblings until further notice, except in the case of an emergency. EXCEPTION: If a student is having severe ‘first day jitters’ or separation anxiety, we may ask the parent to accompany the student upstairs. We also often have parents sit in on class if a student is having behavioral issues.
- Parents, please wear a mask during drop-off.
What to do when someone at ABA has COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19
When staff, children and youth become ill at ABA
- Staff who become ill at work must notify their supervisor and leave work as soon as they can.
- Ill children and youth will be sent home. Children who are waiting to be picked up will be kept in a designated isolation space with their face masks on. Please be sure the ABA staff has the child’s most updated emergency contact info on file in your MindBody account!
- Upon pickup, parents/guardians must meet the student outside and will not be permitted to enter the building.
ABA closure due to COVID-19:
Situations where closing ABA may be recommend may include the following:
- 25% or more of the program’s groups have had outbreaks in the last 14 days.
- At least three outbreaks have occurred in the last 14 days AND more than 5% of the staff and children are infected.