If you are planning on attending classes at ABA, please take a moment to read through our guidelines below:
All ABA Staff Members are fully-vaccinated.
Vaccination Requirements For ABA Students:
Ages 5-Adult: COVID-19 vaccination required.*
Ages 3-5: COVID-19 vaccination recommended but not required at this time.
Boosters strongly recommended for anyone eligible.
*If you are age 5-17 and not vaccinated, you may choose to bring in a negative COVID-19 home test each week prior to your first class of each week. Anyone requesting a medical/other exemption must submit a request with pertinent documentation to the ABA office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Face masks are optional for all Youth Classes but are required for all Adult Classes until further notice.
Please find below, a note from Julie Lowe, ABA Adult Ballet Program Director.
Current COVID-19 Protocols
Stay home when sick!
If ABA students or staff are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, even mild symptoms, they MUST not enter the building. Please do an assessment of how you/your child are feeling before arriving for class.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Hygiene & Personal Items:
- Wash hands regularly while at the studios.
- Hand sanitizer will be available through the building and is required upon entry.
- Dancers must bring their own reusable water bottles. Any items left behind will be discarded so please keep track of your belongings by keeping them all in one place in the lobby.
Physical distancing is not required but the ABA staff will continue to encourage social distancing as much as possible.
Note: We have tapes off dance squares in the studios in order to help the dancers keep their distance. There are also spaced blue ‘X’s on the walls in the lobby where dancers can place their personal items and wait before class.
ABA has one of the largest dance studios in the Bay Area: 35′ x 45′ marley dance floor; 44′ x 55’6″ room. Ceilings are 16 ft high and both studios have a wall of 10 ft windows!
Improved ventilation in ABA indoor spaces.
- Advanced HEPA filters have been installed in both studios, as well as the lobby, in order to improve ventilation and eliminate harmful bacteria. These Medify Air Filters are certified HEPA H13 multi-level filters that remove 99% of particles.
What to do when someone at ABA has COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19
When staff, children and youth become ill at ABA
- Staff who become ill at work must notify their supervisor and leave work as soon as they can.
- Ill children and youth will be sent home. Children who are waiting to be picked up will be kept in a designated isolation space with their face masks on. Please be sure the ABA staff has the child’s most updated emergency contact info on file in your MindBody account!
- Upon pickup, parents/guardians must meet the student outside and will not be permitted to enter the building.
Persons Who Test Positive for COVID-19 (Isolation)
|If you have tested positive for COVID, you should isolate regardless of vaccination status or lack of symptoms||