We’re hiring! Interested candidates should send cover letter/resume to email@example.com.
Employee; Part-Time (20-30 hrs/wk) with opportunity for growth!
$18-$25/hour depending on experience
Start: Mid-June 2023 (start date negotiable)
Hybrid (remote & in person)
ALAMEDA BALLET ACADEMY, 1402 Park St., Alameda, CA, is seeking an experienced and self-motivated part-time Office Manager to join our team. The Office Manager will work closely with our Director of Operations and the school’s Artistic Director/Owner. This position has the possibility of growing into a full-time role.
Eligible applicants will have experience with studio management and scheduling. They will be detail-oriented, a skilled communicator, and will serve a warm, friendly point of contact for our families and faculty.
Ideal on-site availability would be weekday late afternoon/evening + Saturdays approx. 9:15am-early afternoon. Remaining hours could be done remotely.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency with Google Office Suite
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. printer, laminator, stereo equipment)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills, esp for events/performances
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrator will be a plus
Bonus Skills (Not Required)
- Experience working with a Dance School, or other Arts organization
- Dance background (teaching and choreography opportunities available)
- Experience working with children in an educational or after-school environment.
Alameda Ballet Academy and its affiliate performing company, Alameda Civic Ballet, were founded in 2003 by the Artistic Director, Abra Rudisill. Both the school and company were created to impart the best elements of the classical ballet tradition to local dance students and the surrounding community. In her lessons and leadership, Rudisill draws upon her 20 years of experience as a Prima Ballerina and Ballet Mistress with Oakland Ballet, and she seeks to carry on her artistic lineage through the education of Bay Area youth.